Tamnak Haw Residential Hall.
This building originally stood in Bang Khun Phrom Palace, which is now occupied by the Bank of Thailand. It was built for the newlywed Prince of Nakorn Sawan, a son of King Chulalongkorn, and his consort Princess Prasongsom Chaiyant. They were married on August 17, 1903. The building is also known as the "newlyweds house" due to its origins.
His Majesty the King had the building dismantled and rebuilt here at Dusit palace in 1998. The building once displayed memorabilia from Queen Rambhai Bhanee, Queen consort of King Rama VII. Among these objects are many colorful model boats from southern Thailand. Also on display are artifacts and pottery of the Sukhothai and Ayutthaya periods from shipwreck sites in the Gulf of Thailand.
The building was moved again around 2005 and now stands next to the parking lot. The upper floors are not in regular use, and the open air ground floor serves mainly as a waiting area for drivers. There are two rather worn models of the Dusit Palace complex on display here.
|« Previous Page||Vimanmek Mansion||Next Page »|