Ratchawong Police Station
At the busy intersection which more or less forms the bottom tip of Ratanakosin Island stands the former palace of Wang Thaiwat Prachachetuphon. The palace was built by Rama III (1824 - 1851) for some minor royals.
The police took over the building in 1914 to use as a police station, making it one of the most beautiful police stations in Thailand. The building was registered as an historical monument in 1977 and has been renovated by the Fine Arts Department.