The cream-colored Church of Santa Cruz is about the only clue that this part of Bangkok was once the area where Portuguese merchants and missionaries once lived in the early years of Bangkok. The church was originally built in the late eighteenth century when Thonburi was briefly established as the capital of Thailand. It was rebuilt in 1834 and again in 1913.
The Church of Santa Cruz
There's not much else to show that this area was once the home of the largest western presence in Thailand during the early years of Bangkok.