As with just about every other large city, Bangkok is place where there's always something going on. There are several exhibition and convention centers, among the largest in Asia, where there are almost always some kind of trade show going on. Plus there's the famous - some might say infamous - nightlife.
Major Event Venues
- BITEC (Caution: Web site was infected at last check)
- The Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Center (BITEC) is one of the largest trade venues in Thailand. Their web site lists upcoming events.
- Impact Arena
- The Impact arena and exhibition center is near the Bangkok International Airport. It's currently the preferred venue for international music acts stopping in Bangkok. The site lists upcoming events.
- Queen Sirikit National Convention Center
- Centrally located convention center. Their web site lists upcoming events.
Consult the following web sites to find out what's on around Bangkok:
- BK Magazine
- The free BK tabloid can be picked up at many coffee shops and fast food outlets around the city. Most of the content is on-line, with a good round-up of musical events, art exhibitions and new restaurant reviews.
- Got Bangkok
- Got Bangkok lists up-coming events, as well as restaurant and bar reviews.